Friday, September 2, 2011

Shame on Mommy


It has been way too long since I have updated Owen's blog and soo much has past. First off, SUMMER! It has come and gone and we had a very busy one. Owen started at his new school with Ms. Susan. I think he's happy there, he gave me NO complaints EVER getting on the bus, and when I went in for a quick meeting, he was totally fine with me leaving him in the classroom. I think this has to do with the fact that Miss Penny is there with him. Owen adores Penny so as long as Penny is with him for anything new, I think he is just fine. As a parent, it's hard to get used to new people in his life. Everyone seems great, but I still keep thinking about things and want to ask Beth or Voula from Village.

Owen has also started with vocal play! This is the next step after babbling according to Sarah, our private Speech Therapist. He's constantly making sounds, and wanting you to repeat them and we've heard lots of spontaneous words! The only thing that has really STUCK is Bye Bye. It's adorable, appropriate and I can't get enough of it.

His outdoor play skills have improved so much. He is swinging on swings alone, using his body to move and it's so great to see it. We've waited a long, long time for it. Today is Kindergarten Orientation, which is so weird. I can't believe he's starting! But, I'm also so sad that he's starting and still non verbal. I hope things change soon. I know he has a voice.

More to come!

No comments: